The admission requirements (in terms of qualification and experience) varies for each grade of membership.
- For Certified Management Accountant membership – completed the CMA Program and must have at least five years approved experience in a senior and responsible Management Accounting position is required.
- For Associate Management Accountant membership – must have at least three years approved experience is required.
- For Graduate Management Accountant membership – must have a minimum education standard of a degree from a university or equivalent educational institution in accountancy or a related discipline.
- For Management Accounting Affiliate – no management accounting experience is required. It has open entry for those with either 2 years supervisory managerial experience or 3 years of running one's own business. This category of members would be required to undertake an approved continuing professional development (CPD) program within 2-years of being granted such membership.
- Applications for student membership must have a minimum education standard of year 12 or equivalent.
- Honorary membership are conveyed by the Institute to distinguished persons whose services to Management Accounting and related disciplines merit this award of membership