The Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Australia (www.cmawebline.org) is a professional international accounting body dedicated to the research and continuing education in management accounting. This specialized body offers a range of privileges to its members - who are ideally serious accounting professionals keen on re-skilling to meet the expectations of global job market.
Take the first step
We are happy to announce that now you can directly become an ASSOCIATE MEMBER of ICMA, Australia subject to demonstrating you have a Degree in accounting and have more than 3 years of accounting experience.
On approval of your application, the Institute will award you a calligraphed certificate designating you as an Associate Management Accountant (AMA). You will also get various privileges that include:
Membership Certificate recognizing qualifications and experience in the specialist field of management accounting
- The use of post-nominal in the AMA and GMA membership categories
- Twelve issues per year of the world-class management accounting magazine "CFO Magazine", published by the Financial Review and the Institute's newsletter On Target
- Access to the Institute’s commissioned research publications
- Access to membership in special interest groups
- Access to a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities in the leading edge topics of management accounting
- Networking opportunities with management accounting academics and professionals around the world. The Executive Network is an ICMA partner that allows successful boutique consultants to work together to build their business in a collaborative, genuinely non-competitive environment.
The Upgrade Path
Senior accounting professionals can also initially take AMA level membership. At any point of time you can upgrade your status to the post-graduate level Certified Management Accountant (CMA) qualification by attending our exclusive twice-a-year 7-days CMA contact program and subject to passing of 2 university subjects equivalent, conducted at the Masters Degree level. Accounting professionals with more than 20 years of experience are exempt from taking any exams subsequent to their attendance in the CMA course.
For direct membership, you just need to fill up the enclosed membership application form and courier it to us along with your CV, and a draft (application processing fee inclusive of service tax) We shall process your application once a month and send it to ICMA Australia for membership by 30th of every month.
After approval by their Education Committee, ICMA Australia will directly send you a membership invitation as well as the invoice for membership fee. On receipt of their letter, first year membership is payable by you directly to ICMA through either bank draft or credit card (for Associate Membership) in favour of the Institute of Certified Management Accountants, Australia.